Nonetheless there were a lot of good insights shared by those present via the #localu hash tag.
Here is list of the top ten insights from that Twitter Feed:
- 63% of small businesses don't have an online presence.
- 97% of consumers are looking for information online
- 40% of local searches happen on mobile devices
- 40% of local searches are for local services/products
- Google & Bing use social signals as part of the ranking algorithm
- 70% of people trust online reviews
- 14% of all people you ask to review your business will do so.
- Sites that blog tend to get 55% more traffic.
- Google assembles your business listing from every imaginable source.
- Know Google better than Google knows Google.
Other Good Insights/Tips:
- Make your WhoIs info matches your Google Places listing.
- Not everyone uses your site navigation... offer multiple routes to your critical information.
- Create a separate page for every business location and build links to it.
- Meta descriptions should be written like Ads.
- Social takes work and time- If you want to be noticed you have to share something interesting.